February 06 , 2013
1) A DP account is like a mobile handset, while trading account is like a SIM card. To trade in shares, you can't do without either!
2) Several providers offer these two accounts. Read our section on how to choose and open DP and trading accounts.
1) Doing research on shares is both a science and as art. In general, make sure you have sufficient information and reason to buy a particular share
1) If having an offline account, hand over DP Instruction Slip (DIS) to broker. You will need to give a cheque and wait for it to credit, in case funds in your trading account are insufficient
2) If having an online account, transfer funds to trading account from bank and place order
3) You would need to choose the appropriate share by its ISIN code or ticker. And choose whether to buy in BSE or NSE. For an average investor, this makes no difference whatsoever
4) Delivery happens two working days after the order is placed
1) Follow a similar procedure for selling, as for buying given above. The shares get shifted out in two days
2) With an online trading account, you can transfer funds from the trading account to your banking account onlinessss