Procedure: How to Pay Self Assessment Tax Online
March 08 , 2013
March 08 , 2013
- Self Assessment Tax is to be paid on or before due date of filing Tax Returns if you happen to figure out that less tax has been paid in the previous year as TDS or Advance tax than what you are liable to. If you have a net banking account you can pay this tax online. Credit/debit cards won't do.
- If you missed out on paying Advance tax in the previous year you have to shell it out along with interest of 1% for every month of delay based on due dates for Advance tax.
- Go to https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp and click on Challan ITNS 280. It will lead to an e-Payment page.
- In the field for Tax Applicable select option 0021 for 'Income Tax Other Than Companies'. Correctly fill in applicable assessment year and personal details including PAN. In field Type of Payment choose option 300 for 'Self Assessment Tax'.
- Select bank where you have a net banking account and enter captcha code.
- You will be lead to net banking site of bank you selected. Log in through your user id and password.
- In field for Details of Payment you need to fill in amount of payment under applicable subs. Enter the Income Tax amount in the cell as assessed by you. Surcharge is not applicable for assessment year 2013-14. Education cess is 3% of the Income tax computed. If you added it in the first cell leave this one blank.
- On successfully paying the amount a counterfoil will be displayed having your Challan Identification Number (CIN). CIN is unique and is proof of your tax payment. You have to quote it while filing tax returns.