February 06 , 2013
- KYC stands for Know Your Customer. It is needed for all mutual fund transactions
- It is done free of charge, and is something of a one-time minor hassle to go through
- The application form is available online at http://www.amfiindia.com/spages/Individual-KYC.pdf You can download and take a print
- The details to be filled are standard: name, address, email, PAN and phone number
- You need to affix a passport size colour photograph
- Make sure you attach an attested copy of your PAN card and address proof
1. Submit the filled form along with documents at a Point of Service. This can be a registered mutual fund distributor or CAMS/Karvy office. You can submit KYC documents along with your mutual fund application form itself.
2. You need to be present for in-person verification by the authorized official. This is a mandatory procedure for KYC.
- There is no separate certificate or number given for your KYC
- About a week after your application is submitted and accepted, you can check at https://www.cvlkra.com/ with your PAN number. In case KYC registration was done with any other KRA you must check at that site.
- A printout of this page, which gives 'KYC verified' status, is what it takes to be called 'KYC compliant' and be able to apply to all mutual funds