Procedure: How to File Income Tax Returns Online
February 11 , 2013
February 11 , 2013
- Log on to http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and register yourself by clicking on the top right hand side button. Your PAN is the user ID. Fill in all the required details.
- Click on the link sent to your registered email id to verify and confirm registration. Post this log out and log in again to start e-filing.
- After logging in, on the left hand side top Quick Links select Quick e-File ITR. Choose appropriate options and if you have a digital signature choose yes, then click submit.
- Filing ITR-1 Sahaj is easy and a no-brainer. The only documents you require is Form 16 from your company and Form 16A from bank for your TDS details.
- In the sheet Income Details enter salary in B1, if you are repaying home loan then interest is negative income and it can be subtracted from house property income and entered in B2. Self occupied property has 0 income and the net income is negative. If you earned interest or dividend put that in B3.
- Only those deductions which have not been declared to the HR need to be filled in the ITR since on the rest TDS would have been adjusted already.
- Next, in the TDS sheet fill in details of salary TDS and other TDS if applicable.
- D10- D15 sections of Taxes Paid and Verification sheet will be auto-filled based on the income and tax details you entered.
- Provide your bank account details with IFSC code, fill in details on Personal Information sheet and submit form.
- For those who do not use digital signature, ITR V will be emailed to your registered ID. Take a print of this, place your signature and send this by ordinary post (and not couriers) to Income Tax Department- CPC, Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru- 560100 within 4 months. You should get your final acknowledgement mail in a week or so.
- If at any time you are stuck up and need assistance you can ring 1800 4250 0025, which is the toll free number of the I-T department.