October 03 , 2013
Once you have applied for the PAN, online or offline, you can expect to receive your laminated PAN card at your address through post in a week or two. Of course, sometimes it gets more delayed. If you have applied for PAN and submitted all documents, you can know status of your application online, about whether it is being processed or has been dispatched etc.
Depending on which agency you applied for PAN through, you'd have to check for application status at NSDL TIN website or UTI ITSL website. All you need is the acknowledgement number or coupon number provided on submitting your PAN application.
PAN status of application from NSDL TIN
Through NSDL TIN website, you can know status of your PAN application after 24 hours of submitting application. Paste link https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/tan/StatusTrack.html in a new tab and follow these steps to view status of PAN application:
- Choose application type 'PAN – New/Change Request'
- Enter 15-digit acknowledgement number that was provided when you applied for PAN card
- Enter surname, first name and middle name, same as provided in the application
- Finally punch in the date of birth and hit submit button
PAN status of application from UTITSL
If you applied through one of UTI ITSL centers, you can check application status after 3 days of submitting PAN card application. Paste link http://www.myutiitsl.com/PANONLINE/panTracker.do in a new tab and follow these steps to view status of PAN application:
- Select application type 'New Application (F49a)'
- Punch in your 9 digit acknowledgement number and hit submit button